CH wont fire after system drained

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

On Wednesday a teams of folks arrived to move my boiler. They arrived at 8:30 and were gone by 13:00 with everything working happy and fine.

Today a guy came to install a new water tank and move the CH expansion. 6.5 hours later (!) he leaves and I have no central heating. he bled up upstairs rads and the downstairs ones were fine but am i right in thinking that i still need to bleed the pump?

I have a cylinder in the airing cupboard and a Potterton Suprima 50L boiler (in the kitchen). When i turn the heating on, the fan in the boiler kicks in, and the pump (airing cupboard upstairs) is vibrating slightly as if it is on. But at no point does the boiler actually spark up and start making anything hot.

Grazias amigos

Sponsored Links
found the valve on the pump today and after about a week bleeding it the CH fired up just fine. What a muppet :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back