CH Zone / HW Control options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am moving into a house in the next couple of weeks that needs a complete re-plumb (among a number of other things) . Money is tight thus I am planning on installing most of the systems myself and then getting some one with the appropriate certification in to do final connections and install the oil boiler and unvented cylinder. I am a Mech. Eng. by trade so ok with the piping etc. but would appreciate some inputs on the control side of things as I would like to order and prewire as much as possible. The new system will be 3 zones + HW. I have not found any wiring diagrams on the web that do what I was thinking of, which is using 3 programmable room stats (possibly hive, nest etc type in the future) for the 3 zones & a mechanical timer with a boiler stat to control the 4 MOVs, Boiler and Pump. Can I do it this way or do I need to include a multi channel controller as well?

Any links to wiring diagrams or relevant posts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back