OpenTherm with Multiple nests on underfloor heating

Sponsored Links
Ok then, is there a specific UFH controller that can modulate right down to 40-50 degs flow when the only call for heat but still have intelligence to override the flow temp when there is a call for heat for DHW when required?

Sponsored Links
Evohome is too expensive. Nest has more technology for less. £939 v £600 for a 3 zone set-up.

I'll live with no opentherm and have a much better UI and slicker app.

Evohome is too expensive.

Because it does what you want. I bet you own an Apple/iPhone.

More concerned with what stuff look slike than how it works. What you don't realise is that you shouldn't be monkeying around with the settings anyway. It matters not a schit how slick the app is because you should only be interacting with it when you go away on holiday.

And it isn't £900 for a 3 zone system if you're comparing like for like technology.

I just think that if you are going to put something on your wall and integrate it as part of the building then appearance is a factor.

Regardless of this fact, the Nest still has more advanced tech than the others. Geofencing for example is not as good as local presence detection, especially when there is more than one person in the household.

I never feel the need to "once in a blue moon" feck about with my heating settings using my phone
It's tech for tech sake.
My house and heating system was built to my spec and it just works.
I might be doing it wrong or something :rolleyes:

I never feel the need to "once in a blue moon" feck about with my heating settings using my phone
It's tech for tech sake.
My house and heating system was built to my spec and it just works.
I might be doing it wrong or something :rolleyes:

I hope you mean it works well rather than 'only' just works sham.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back