Chaff britony SE 80

Rob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to one on tuesday. Likely to need a new pump. Does anyone know if these are just a standard Grundfoss 15-50/60? Cheers.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Probably,but wait till you take the cover off then expect all the horrible plastic moulded parts to leak in 89 different places,and thats after youve left.Dont touch it.

Its a grundfoss head but the impeller might be different meaning you are unlikely to be able to just replace the head
The rest of the pump is plastic.

rob884 said:
Going to one on tuesday.
mr-t.gif
Ah pitty da fool who finks dey can fix a Brittony A-Team...

Sponsored Links
Thanks slug baby. Will just order one then. TBH i dont really understand the leaking plastic thing, not a bad boiler IMO.

I changed a DV and cleaned out a suspect plate heat exchanger in one a couple of weeks ago. I surprised myself how quick I was. Mind you with it being French I did my homework before I went near it.
Heres hoping your job goes just as well as mine did.

used to fit these boilers all the time never really had any issues with em tbh and we have fitted near on 100 of them. fairly easy to work on, the plastic moldings can be fun sometimes thou i must say.

Slugbabydotcom said:
I changed a DV and cleaned out a suspect plate heat exchanger in one a couple of weeks ago. I surprised myself how quick I was. Mind you with it being French I did my homework before I went near it.
Heres hoping your job goes just as well as mine did.

Can you tell me how to remove and clean the hot water heat exchanger on the above thank you Graham

Click the link above. Its on page 7, item 16 , on the left. also item 12 on page 6
The 2 screws that you have to take out are IIRC 4mm allen bolts.
The hardest one to get to on the right was a bit butchered but I managed it with a screwdriver that just happened to fit nicely.
It was the heating circuit side of the Secondary Heat Exchanger that was crudded up. My Son in law works on these quite a bit and reckons it is a commmon occurence. I got most of it out by blasting it out with water and tapping it to losen bits off. Then I poured in some boiled vinegar and left it for a while and repeated the process till no more crud came out.

Just incase anyone has one in the future it was a 15/50 and a standard grundfos fitted ok. All working again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back