Chaffoteaux & Maury Combi Boiler - Shower and Bath temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am new to the site as i have been searching google for some hopeful answers on the following:-
I have a chaffoteaux and maury combi boiler which is 5 years old.
In the bathroom I have a mira excel shower. About 3 years ago we started to experience a fluctuation in the temperature of the shower and the bath taps (goes hot, luke warm, then hot again), it only effects the bath and shower not any other hot water tap in the house. At the time I had mira out who found no fault. Under my BG homecare then changed the heat exchanger and for a while problem solved. Year down the line happened again so BG changed the heat exchange AGAIN. 3rd time it happened so part was changed AGAIN and a magnaclean filter fitted as they said it was due to sludge. The last time we had a problem was Sept 2009.
Two days ago shower and bath tap have again started to go hot and cold aaargh! I just cant understand how it could keep happening, do you think the problem is being diagnosed wrong?.
I would really appreciate someones advice could it be something simple we can tackle ourselves as always money is an issue.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back