Chaffoteax & Maury MX2 24 FF won't light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I thought I'd post my problem on this forum, because my Google searches pointed towards this forum as a place where knowledgable folk don't mind answering questions for less knowledgable folks :)

I have a C&M MX2 24 FF boiler, which won't light every time - indeed attempts where it does light are getting few and far between.

The general process is that I press the glowing red reset button, and I get the sound of running water, the fan starts, and no spark. The diagnostic lights show four lights off and two on, i.e. "No Flame Detected" - then back to the red glowing reset button.

A plumber friend of ours said that the air switch is usually the problem with combi boilers and cleaned that, but I think that our boiler would have detected a faulty air switch.

I've gone through the trouble shooter guide and it says that I need to check the Electrode, the Spark Generator, The PCB and the igniter cables.

I'm looking for advice or opinions on which bit is likely to have broken or how I can determine which bit is broken, so that I can replace it.

I also read a forum that says that PCBs in this boiler can be damaged due to overheating (wtf? it's a boiler!), and would like to know A) if this is true and B) if so, how long would a new PCB last?

Cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links
hi mrabjohn

did you find a cure for this problem as my C&M is doing the same.

i have replaced the spark generator and ignition leads and probe
but it is still not sparking every time.

but before i go and buy a new pcb i am just trying to get advice.

cheers jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back