Chalet Roof replaced with EPDM.

Sponsored Links
What do you think of the job? If it keeps the elements out and you're happy with it then thats what counts.

Ive never worked with epdm before but im sure they could have made it a LOT tidier.Its easy to pick fault with other peoples work but i'll refrain from listing what i think could have been improved........if as i said,you are happy with the work then no complaints :eek:

Well it's a great improvement over what was there before! No more mice/wasps and bees nesting in the roof!

The installers said that they will be losing money on the job as it took far longer to finish than planned. They said some people paid more than I did just to roof a garage. :eek:

It does look a decent job,a great improvement on what it was....some minor things that i spotted probably explains the fact that they were losing money hence a few cutting of corners :confused:
I dont think you can ever expect a roof to be 100% sealed but enough to keep the elements out but not enough to keep the damn critters out!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Yeah looks maybe a little wrinkled in places but if it does the job it should be fine. A non fleece backed EPDM (Which I assume it is) can be difficult to do without the odd wrinkle

It's fleece backed EPDM. They tried resticking the corner piece but the wrinkles were set into the fleece by the glue.

Part of the problem may be due to the 3 showers per day on the first two days which made some of the work a bit rushed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back