Change a PRV on an unvented cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening chaps, couple quick questions. I'm doing up the bathroom and have an unvented cylinder. Not sure on the make, but it's about 15 year old and works okay. Had it checked by a plumber and everything works as it should apparently.

The only annomaly is that the flow can be a bit low, but this only affects it when the electric shower takes cold water from the output side and is easily fixed by turning a tap in the bathroom on and off.

Anyway the system is fixed at 2.1 bar. When using the hot water, say filling a bath, the pressure drops to at worst 1.5 bar, but the flow absolutely pelts out at about 20L/min.

My question is should I get the pressure reduction valve swapped out just now whilst everything is out? As far as I'm aware this is a job which will need to be undertaken by a qualified individual. What is the certification that they should have?

Many Thanks,

-G

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back