Change colour of UPVC french windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We recently changed our knacked wooden doors and windows for UPVC in rosewood.

To keep the cost down we did not change the white UPVC french window which had been put in by the previous owners as it's still OK.

Whilst it's OK however, they are white and don't match the rosewood.

Is there any way of getting rosewood "put onto" the white UPVC.

I don't fancy painting anything on as it defeats one of the main advantages of UPVC.

Also the doors of this french window can bang against the wall if left open. Now, I know that fittings can be acquired to make them stay where they are opened to, just like the windows we had fitted, but are these fittings universal or do different types of doors/windows need different fittings. I wouldn't fancy coughing up and finding the kit doesn't fit.

Sponsored Links
Rosewood foil is applied when the profile is extruded, so it's a no with the colouring. Unless you can get hold of some from renolit who pretty much produce all the foils for upvc profiles but how you would go about attaching it and what the finish will be like is questionable. Door restrictors are pretty much universal for pvc doors and easy to retro fit. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Dulux Paints do a range of imitation wood finishes for painting onto gloss paintwork, it comes in a two part pack,

You could give this a try, be cheaper than new patio doors,

Try a Dulux Decorator centre for help or on line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back