Change faulty wireless stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I have a bit of a strange setup, I think! About 1 year ago we completed our self build, we have undfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs. The underfloor is controlled by wired JG Aura controllers and a control centre. Upstairs is controlled by a wired hot water and heating timer with a Honeywell wireless stat.

It appears that the wireless stat is faulty and you cannot buy new ones. I would have to buy/replace the wireless system. I have noticed that JG do wireless TRV and would like to eventually install these into each room upstairs. It makes sense for me to replace the Honeywell wireless stat with a JG wireless stat and when I can afford it replace the TRV's with the JG's wireless versions.

I have 2 questions really.
  1. With the JG wireless system, does nobody know what I need just to get me going with a single wireless stat.
  2. Is there another, better system that could be used. Reason I'm looking at the JG as it will match my controllers downstairs, but if there is a better/cheaper system out there I'm open to it.
Thanks in advance.

Neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back