Change old S-trap toilet for modern P trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a late 70's house and I would like to replace the OLD downstairs toilet. The original toilet protrudes into the room a lot and doesn't look great so I removed it.

I have a clay soil pipe that drops down vertically for over 1 metre but is a staggering 36cm (centre) from the wall. When I push my new toilet up against the wall the location of the soil pipe needs to be 7cm (from the wall).

I have experimented with multiple 90 degree pan connectors to join the new toilet to the position of the soil pipe. However, there is not enough clearance between the pipes and the bottom of the toilet due to the oversized flange on the pan connector. What I ideally need (I think) is a 29cm (centre to centre) offset pipe. Does such a thing exist (kind of an s shape)?

Creating an artificial wall behind the toilet is not really an option as I need the room and with a modern P pan toilet the toilet will protrude very far into the room.

Moving the soil pipe is something I have considered but being 1 metre vertically down and of clay composition I really do not want to bugger it up.

Another option I have considered is raising the floor where the toilet is situated (my combo of pan connectors will then work) or just raising the toilet itself.

My preferred a[pproach is finding a connector that does this without raising flooring or touching the clay pipe.

Help please!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only way to do it right is to break up the floor and reroute the pipe. Anything else will be a bodge prone to blockages and leaks.

Or put back the old toilet!

Thanks Both.

Putting back the old toilet is NOT an option. Another S trap toilet doesn't give me much choice, plus I want the toilet to sit further back so I have more room....I don't want much now do I lol

I think I am going to cut the clay pipe about 30cm underground by first breaking the concrete around it and then doing some pipe work underground. Buried deep enough, there shouldn't be no bother.

I can cut the clay pipe with a small disc. I have a pneumatic mini grinder that will fit inside the pipe.

What are your thoughts? I am determined to fit a modern loo!

Sponsored Links
Get the Kango out and do it properly!

You'll have to break enough concrete out to gain enough depth to alter the pipe, but it'll be satisfying knowing you've done it right ;)

City plumbing produce a close coupled pan that will work.

The Vitra s50 is what you need.

Ted

:rolleyes: Don't think so. The existing soil pipe is 360mm centres from the wall.

The s50 is nowhere near that

5427_3.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back