changed central heating programmer - now some rads dont work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced an old landis and gyr programmer with a siemens rwb29 - no problem. Now one bedroom radiator is cold, altho pipe to it is hot, and one downstairs rad is tepid.
I wasn't sure which position to put the dipswitch on the back regarding gravity/pumped. I've now tried both positions, but it doesn't make a difference. Any ideas, please folks?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes - I know that, but I don't know which my system is (is there an easy way for an absolute novice to tell?). I've tried both positions and it hasn't altered the problem with the rads.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fully pumped should have 2 pipes from the boiler with motorised valves controlling flow to heating and hot water cylinder. Gravity should have 4 pipes. (2x28mm to cylinder, 2x22mm to heating which is pumped.)

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TBH changing the programmer shouldnt affect the rads. If most are working ok, then its a circulation issue. Switch system off and bleed rad. If air comes out, might be issue solved. If not then a balance may be needed to force the water to the 'lazy' rads. See FAQ's for balancing info.