changed central heating programmer - now some rads dont work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced an old landis and gyr programmer with a siemens rwb29 - no problem. Now one bedroom radiator is cold, altho pipe to it is hot, and one downstairs rad is tepid.
I wasn't sure which position to put the dipswitch on the back regarding gravity/pumped. I've now tried both positions, but it doesn't make a difference. Any ideas, please folks?

Sponsored Links
Yes - I know that, but I don't know which my system is (is there an easy way for an absolute novice to tell?). I've tried both positions and it hasn't altered the problem with the rads.

Fully pumped should have 2 pipes from the boiler with motorised valves controlling flow to heating and hot water cylinder. Gravity should have 4 pipes. (2x28mm to cylinder, 2x22mm to heating which is pumped.)

Sponsored Links
TBH changing the programmer shouldnt affect the rads. If most are working ok, then its a circulation issue. Switch system off and bleed rad. If air comes out, might be issue solved. If not then a balance may be needed to force the water to the 'lazy' rads. See FAQ's for balancing info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back