Changed Towel Rad, now heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, cud somebody please help. I drained my heating system, changed bathroom radiator. Refilled system to 1.5 bar. Since doing this the boiler will not fire up properly. Temp rises to 95c on reader, but radiators do not get hot! Just to note,now get no hot water in taps.

Boiler is Ferroli Optimax HE31s. Each time I reset, i get error A3.

Sponsored Links
What does A3 indicate from your manuals fault finding codes?
I would think circulation problem, high limit or something along those lines.
The system may not be full and vented properly.

On the Ferroli the A3 error indicates circulation/flow issue or pumping issue. The likely cause again is air trapped in the system. There are a couple of things you can try.

1st drained down system, and refil slowly. Bleed rads. This may remove any stubborn trapped air. If this fails and if your confident enough, head to the boiler.

Remove cover. Look for the CH pump, bottom left right corner. Turn the large slotted screw slightly. It may bleed air and a bit of hot water will come out.

next follow the short pipe as they leave the pump, you'll see a black and red plastic button, with a short black plastic leaver on the red button. Lift this slightly, you will purge/remove water from the system into the overflow, you'll hear it gurling as it exits, indicating trapped air. Now fire up the heating, it should work fine. Once heating is working fine, check hot taps, these should also be fine. I swear i've just had to post an identicle response to someone else!

Naz - please tell me you are not telling someone to manually open the PRV, chances are it won't seat properly and then he'll need a new one fitted.

Sponsored Links
Remove cover. Look for the CH pump, bottom left right corner. Turn the large slotted screw slightly. It may bleed air and a bit of hot water will come out.

next follow the short pipe as they leave the pump, you'll see a black and red plastic button, with a short black plastic leaver on the red button. Lift this slightly, you will purge/remove water from the system into the overflow, you'll hear it gurling as it exits, indicating trapped air. Now fire up the heating, it should work fine.

brilliant! Just tried these, heating and hot water now working perfect. Thanks Naz :)

Hi
I have an A03 fault on my ferroli boiler.
It appeared after I drained and refilled the CH system. I then followed the steps below: drained, refill slowy, bleed radiators, turned the screw on the C pump, purged into the overflow (with some gurgles happening at the beginning) and still have the A03 fault. The water in the system is now cold.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

Alex

Keep trying to purge air from pump and rads turning boiler on and off let pump run then purge. Youll get there eventually

thanks it tried again and it did work eventually but only after turning on and off the power a few times: it looked like the boiler was stuck on A3 fault although the air was gone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back