Changes to approve homeholders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We had our plans approved for a rear extension which took 5 months as it had to go the planning committee. Then had CIL on it which had get an exception for.

We now want to go out further at ground floor level only to 5.2meters instead of 4meters. I put in a new household app and have been told the existing need to be what is there today not what is approved. I don't want to put all floors in again and have the whole CIL issue again. So can I just put a household app in for just a ground floor extension? And if approved build the two together? Or is there a better idea?

Thanks,
Donald.

Sponsored Links
As it's a new application, you would need to draw complete plans again, regardless of what has been approved before.

Is the extension so big to attract the CIL? Over 100m2.

Can't you apply for an amendment of the existing plans?

Sponsored Links
It depends whether your council define what you want to do as a minor material amendment, or as a material amendment. There is no definition of either, but the latter will need a new full planning application.

If the proposal is large enough to attract a CIL, then 1.2m might be minor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back