Changing 3 way dimmer to 2 gang architrave switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 3 gang dimmer which controls 2 sets of LED downlights (9 in total) that are in our galley kitchen and the outside light. I would like to combine the downlights and outside light to a 2 gang architrave switch. I have no requirement for a dimming function and need a slim switch to fit the kitchen remodel.

Can you tell me if there are any problems with doing this, especially from a safety aspect? I'll be buying new downlights.

Many thanks in advance !

H

Sponsored Links
No problem at all - as long as the LEDs are all on the same circuit which they surely will be.

I have a 3 gang dimmer which controls 2 sets of LED downlights (9 in total) that are in our galley kitchen and the outside light. I would like to combine the downlights and outside light to a 2 gang architrave switch. I have no requirement for a dimming function and need a slim switch to fit the kitchen remodel.

Can you tell me if there are any problems with doing this, especially from a safety aspect? I'll be buying new downlights.
It seems that you have 3 (dimmer) switches, in one 3 gang wall-plate - with 2 (dimmer) Switches controlling 2 sets of LED downlights and 1 (dimmer) switch controlling an outside light (?).
You wish to parallel the 2 sets of LED downlights to be controlled by a SPST Architrave Switch and have another SPST Architrave Switch (in the same Architrave plate) control the outside light.

There should be no problem, if you have enough "slack" in the cables/conductors concerned and you are doing a "remodel", with all which that my entail.

Sponsored Links
Please be aware that architrave back boxes are small, so looping at the switch could be very tricky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back