Multiple gang dimmer switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a multiple gang dimmer switch that can support up to 300watts per gang? The ones I have come across all support a max of 500watts split over two or more gangs.

I will be using it to control downlights and ideally need a 2-gang or a 4-gang dimmer (even a 2-gand dimmer with 2 gang normal switch would do), and don't fancy the idea of having multiple light switches on the wall.

Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
MK do one which goes to 2 x 300W, and I expect other quality m'facs do as well.

for 4-gang you'll probably need to use a grid system.

Are these ordinary mains downlighters, or halogens, or ELV ones? Anything other than normal will complicate your requirements and will mean that you need a dimmer suitable for the load you have, and you'll may need a larger dimmer if it has to be derated. (e.g. the MK product I mentioned will only dim up to 240W of ELV)

the mk grid plus stuff does not go that high dunno about other ranges

Sponsored Links
You have to derate dimmers when more than one is used in any one box. Also, I think you need a certain depth of box depending upon the rating - more airspace...Ring MK Tech for advice 01268 563 000 ask for MK tech.

Thanks guys. I have not decided whether to go ELV or mains for the downlights, but I am erring towards mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back