Changing a Conservatory roof to tiled.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are wishing to change our conservatory roof to one of the new style tiled roofing systems that appear to be growing ever popular.
My question is that we had to have planning originally as the new conservatory was attached to a flat roof extension and the whole size was beyond the permitted development. If we now change the conservatory roof, would we need to go back to planning? Currently the roof is a lean to style with a box gutter at the back, but what is being proposed is a hitch back style roof, which would raise the overall height of the conservatory by about a foot to 18 inches.
The companies I have spoken to all say that I should not need planning, but I am not so sure as the new design will be totally different from the original plans.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
First Rule of Building: beware companies that say you don't need Planning Permission/Building Regulations.

If the original permission says that the roof must be kept the same as on the approved plan, then you need permission. If not, you don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back