Changing a thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gloworm boiler which has a dial type thermostat on the wall. Unfortunately it has no timer. I want to replace the existing dial with one that has a timer.

Ay ideas how this can be done?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What make and model stat do you have at prersent? What Model of Glow Worm? What system do you have, combi, vented (hw cyl and loft tanks), etc?

Thanks it is a flexicom 30cx. I don't know about the rest, it is a new flat with new boiler.

If it's a new combi in a new flat it should have a programmer/timer already fitted.

Sponsored Links
before rushing out and spending money on all sorts of goodies, look under the boiler on the right hand side, you will hopefully see a rectangle, gently press this up into the boiler by a couple of mm and with any luck and a bit of magic a programmer will drop down, set your times and push timer back into its hole until you next require it. :D

Do not confuse the dropdown programmer on the right hand side with the wiring connector on the left hand side wich will have cables going into it.

David

PS full details found here:
go to glow-worm.co.uk

Products

Flexicom cx

scroll down to downloads

select 2nd one down flexicom cx analogue timer kit, install & user instructions

and all will be reveled.

David.

Thanks, under the boiler on the right hand side is a little plastic cover, that comes out and there is the wires for fitting the programmer, but no programmer. Will try and buy the programmer that attaches to the wire.

Just a thought, this timer will work for the boiler. As its a combo boiler, each time I want to use hot water I would have to manually flick the switch to on. I wanted a timer just for the central heating. Would the external timer be a better solution for this?

You just set the times you want the heating to come on. Your hot water will be ready to go all the time, and it just heats the water as you require it.

Thanks for that, just to confirm. This glide-down timer attached to the boiler only has functionality for the central heating and not the water.

Yes on a combi the hot water is in operation 24 hrs a day, although it only actually heats the water when you turn a tap on.

The timer will switch your heating on and off at the times you set it to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back