Changing ball and o-ring on mid port valve

Does your actuator have a small bump on the top? If so you can replace the ball and O ring by removing the actuator and using the above kit. If you do not have this bump, you will have to use the 40003918-007 kit to replace the ball; it costs about £10-£15.

It will have the bump on sir as he has already replaced it, I think replacing the ball only is a false economy as it will be getting clogged with dirt and or scale.

Sponsored Links
It is available under the part no 272742A from many online sources for about £5-£7.

I did notice that the part number was wrong. I got that wrong part number from the Honeywell downloads site. There are three documents on there, the 'reference' document gives this incorrect part number. Have already informed them of the error.

As regards replacing the ball, it looks to me like the ball is riveted on. There is a circlip on the spindle which may release it from the top and there possibly may be a screw above the ball, or it may just be witness marks from a riveter. I do not want to strip it down that far just to have a look when I can replace the whole top plate assembly.

edit - just received a diagram from H showing how to fit the new ball. Appears to tell you to just pull the old ball and sleeve off the spindle, fit a new sleeve and ball by pushing on. Taking a close look at the valve I have here I am not totally convinced this will work. Will have a play with the old one when I do the exchange.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

It is IMHO far easier to replace the guts than replace the whole valve, the small circlip comes off the spindle and the old ball just pulls off, dont forget to fit the new "O" ring to the body before re-assembly this is a piece of p**s and shouls take abour 5 mins -not allowing for pugging & draining whole job less than an hour and has been said the kit will cost no more than a tenner!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Agree with ollski, just changing the ball is false economy.

Whip the ball and plate off the 22mm and stick the lot in the 28mm. Make sure you put the plate round the right way to, there are little bumps to line it up right.

If you want to get your heart racing, do it live ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back