Changing bedroom ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help. :cry:

I have just removed a ceiling rose from the bedroom, one of the red wires came loose and not sure where it has come from (live, or loop)
There are four sets of cables that connect, 3 twin and earth, 1 twin (red) and earth.

3 cables (twin and earth) are connected to the ceiling rose connector block (3 cables to neutral, 3 red cables to loop)
the other cable (twin red) is connected one to live the other is loose, not sure where this should connect to??

Is it normal to have a twin (red and earth)??

The switch that is in the bedroom also operates another set of lights in the dressing area, these are still working OK, so I presume it is the switch cables that are not connected correctly to the ceiling rose??

can someone advise how the twin (red) cable should be wired.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The loose wire will go to the loop connector.

I presume the light is not working. Is that why you took it off?

The twin red cable is sometimes used for switch wires as they are both live and you can easily see which cable runs to the switch, also no need for sleeving.

It looks like it is the switch wire.
Have a look behind the switch and see if the cable there has two red conductors.
If so, your wandering red should go into the central (loop) section of your pendant, with the other reds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back