Changing electric shower

Some people on here just have to have an argument. Something, which on a Thursday night I am not rising too.

If you read above - The point I was originally trying to make was just be careful before replacing an electric shower and dont assume that you can just replace like for like.

I was giving one possible scenario where it might prove incorrect to replace an existing electric shower with another. There was nothing incorrect in what I said. I am qualified and experienced so I am perfectly well aware of the regulations and theory. Of course it is entirely possible that it is safe to replace one shower with another - but surely you would agree it is best for the OP to get it checked by someone qualified to do so first!??

This forum is here to help people and provide advice - not as a platform for arguments.

Not looking for an argument, just CORRECTING you where you have went wrong.

YOU SAID:

which leaves you with a 8.5kw - which you definitely cant install on 6mm cable,

Which is WRONG.

I am qualified and experienced so I am perfectly well aware of the regulations and theory.

With all due respect NO you are not qualified or experienced, short courses turn out inexperienced cowboys..ever heard the saying 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing'. this is why what you originally stated was wrong and I picked you up on it.

Only timeserved apprentice trained tradesmen are professionals, all other forms of training turn out short course cowboys.

Now which one are you?

Are you timeserved in any trade with a grade card, I think not is the answer.

Still think you're correct about the cable size and shower wattage?

Sponsored Links
but surely you would agree it is best for the OP to get it checked by someone qualified to do so first!??

This forum is here to help people and provide advice - not as a platform for arguments.

I did advise to get a professional to inspect it first.

It is not always viable to run a new cable or just to much hassle i.e expense. Therefore, getting a apprentice trained timeserved professional to look at it is what you need.

It would appear that despite all your experience and qualification you still cannot understand basic english and are having to quote me out of context.

My comment in relation to the 8.5 "definitely" not being able to be installed on the 6mm cable was assuming in my scenario as mentioned that the 8kw would have been against regs to install - therefore if 8kw is too powerful for the 6mm cable 8.5 DEFINITELY would be. Its not difficult to understand if you actually read my whole post.

I have 15 years experience in the trade, and no, I haven't just completed some short course. You clearly have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about something. I don't really understand what you are getting so worked up about. You just seem to want to look for an argument which as I said I have no wish to engage with. I don't disagree with any of the technical information you have written, and I hope that others will find it useful.

It would appear that you have misunderstood what I was trying to tell the OP and that we agree on the other points - so yet again I am slightly confused as to why you seem intent on confrontation.

Apologies to the OP for some of the people on here to always have to be arguing about something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back