Changing floorboard under a doorframe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced my floorboards in the bedroom and am about to start replacing the boards on the landing and second bedroom adjacent to it. The floorboard under the doorframe seems to be attached to it. When I try to slide it out sideways the doorframe moves with it. So I am unsure how to extract the floorboard to replace it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_085236416[1].jpg
    IMG_20200928_085236416[1].jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
Maybe run a hand saw flat on the floorboard and cut across the bottom of the door frame

It's prob just pinching, but there could be a nail in it.

Or split the floorboard with a chisel so you have the width of the door frame left, then drill a few holes in the floor board under the door frame, until the floor board is in 2 bits and pull them out

Maybe run a hand saw flat on the floorboard and cut across the bottom of the door frame

It's prob just pinching, but there could be a nail in it.

Or split the floorboard with a chisel so you have the width of the door frame left, then drill a few holes in the floorboard under the door frame, until the floorboard is in 2 bits and pull them out
I think there might be a nail in it. The other side of the doorframe looks much less tight but still, the doorframe moves when I yank the floorboard. I'll try to split it

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_094357859[1].jpg
    IMG_20200928_094357859[1].jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back