Laminate Under Door Frame Puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've been laminating my hallway and it's nearly finished except for one of the last long runs of boards. This row has to fit under the doorframe (shown below) but I can't figure out how to do it! :confused:

I'm moving towards the doorway so that causes complications. I have cut the frame to allow me to slide the board underneath.

Any advice on how you would tackle this would be a god-send!

Chris

Sponsored Links
DSC00013.JPG

Click-system? If so, cut the click-bit of the last row (you will never get it in otherwise) and use PVAC glue in the remaining bit to bond it with the former row.

WoodYouLike said:
Click-system? If so, cut the click-bit of the last row (you will never get it in otherwise) and use PVAC glue in the remaining bit to bond it with the former row.

It's Toughloc yeah. Which bit is the click-bit though? :)

Sponsored Links
varies per brand ;) that bit that makes it impossible at the moment to lay the last row (angle needed to 'click-it-in' versus wall)

untitled.JPG

is it the blue or the red section? I could see both allowing the row to connect without lifting it up.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

If its a small area you may be able to slide the whole floor back 1cm into the expansion area, fit the board then slide it back under the doorway.

JamesA
That's an excellent tip when it concerns normal T&G, with a click-system that doesn't work really I'm afraid, the angle you need to 'click' is 'wider' than the 1cm you suggest.

JamesA said:
If its a small area you may be able to slide the whole floor back 1cm into the expansion area, fit the board then slide it back under the doorway.

thanks for the good idea but it's too late i'm afraid... shaved the click off the previous row using a chisel and the used PVA glue and a club-hammer ( ;) ) to persuade the last row into place nicely.

WoodYouLike said:
Nice job. Only thing left is placing back skirtingboards?
Thanks for the "Nice job" WoodYouLike!

Yep just skirting... Gripfill and a few bits of wood to provide a 'pushing' force against the wall... should do the trick i think!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back