changing from gravity to mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We would like to change our plumbing system from gravity to mains fed.

Does this means that all the cold and hot water pipes to the bathrooms will need changing or can they be used in the new system?

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Do you mean change from vented to unvented? If so, it's not a DIY job - you need a new hot water cylinder, some safety valves and a fair bit of plumbing by someone qualified and registered to do such work. I didn't need any work to the pipes into my bathroom when I had mine converted. First thing you need though is the flow and water pressure checked to see if it can be done.

Are you converting to a Combi boiler, unvented cylinder, or something else? Elaborate more on what you want and we can elaborate more on what to advise.

Sponsored Links
We would like to change our plumbing system from gravity to mains fed.

Sometimes you just can't! Tell us why and get your incoming mains tested... Preferebly at the suppliers stopcock first, which can "often" be provided upon request to your water supplier.

My vented system was all DIY except for the installation and commissioning of the heat only boiler by a GasSafe registered heating engineer.

The hot water cylinder has a second coil which uses the heat from the hot water to heat the mains pressure hot water supply to the shower.

The central heating is also vented.

twin_coil.jpg

Sometimes you just can't! Tell us why and get your incoming mains tested... Preferebly at the suppliers stopcock first, which can "often" be provided upon request to your water supplier.
we don' t want a tank in the loft and heating systdm is 35 years old in thd house we are buying.
so iwas wondering with cold water straight from mains and hot from a combi would existing
pipework to bathrooms cope with the new pressure?

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back