Changing Honeywell Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i'm changing my Honeywell T40 Thermostat which got smashed with a Drayton RTS1 i picked up in B+Q. The wiring on my Honeywell is as follows
Red to 1
Black to 3
and earth to earth
My new unit as terminals 3,L,N with a separate earth, which wires go to which when i swap them over?

Sponsored Links
Hi all, i'm changing my Honeywell T40 Thermostat which got smashed with a Drayton RTS1 i picked up in B+Q. The wiring on my Honeywell is as follows
Red to 1
Black to 3
and earth to earth
My new unit as terminals 3,L,N with a separate earth, which wires go to which when i swap them over?
Can you confirm there is no wire to terminal 2 of the T40?

If that is the case and you only have the three wires - red black and earth, I'm sorry to say that your RTS1 is not suitable. You need to take it back to B&Q and change it for a Drayton Digistat+ or a Honeywell DT90E.

The reason for this is that you only have live and switched live and the RTS1 also requires a neutral connection. The stats I suggest do not require a neutral as they are battery powered.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back