Changing kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to change our kitchen tap and assumed it would be relatively easy however looking at the pipe work i'm having second thoughts.

I don't understand how the pipe connects to the mixer? Did the tap come with copper pipes already and these have been welded/soldered, or do the pipes connect somehow to the base of the mixer?

I was hoping that I would find flexi hoses under here making the installation simple, i'm guessing this is 10 times more difficult?

Sponsored Links
The pipes connected to the mixer are like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/M10x15mm-Copper-Suitable-MONOBLOCK-Mixers/dp/B075KM3WJ8

They screw into the bottom of the tap and have then been soldered to additional pipework to connect them to the isolation valves at the bottom right of your third photo.

If those isolation valves are still working you can turn them off and re-make the pipework from there to the new tap.

It looks like you have a connection to a dishwasher or washing machine after the isolation valve so you wont be able to use a flexi all the way from the isolation valve to the tap.

You will need to cut the copper pipes to get them out through the tap hole in the sink.

How far is it from bottom of the tap down to the first soldered joint? You might get away with short flexi pipes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back