changing radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a new build property with microbore central heating. I want to change a bog standard Myers bathroom radiator for a designer one. The size is 641(w)*530(h). Do I have to replace it with one of the exact width or is there a bit of flexibility with the microbore pipe?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
By designer, do you mean a towel warmer/rad?

I don't understand what you mean by flexibility. You may be able to bend the microbore slightly to line up with new valves, but if you try a tight radius, you will kink it rendering it scrap. The scope for adjusting microbore for different valve positions is limited. Soldering extra bits on can look untidy.

If its a towel rad and you have floor boards, the neatest way is to take chrome 15mm pipes from the bottom of the rad, through the floor boards, and join to the microbore underneath.

The most important thing is to size the rad correctly to the room, to ensure that it will be man enough to heat it properly. Also, be warned that towel warmers can have pathetic heat output, so a single one won't be enough for a large bathroom.

Find out the output you need for your bathroom here;

http://www.radcalcs.com/

Thanks for the info.
Iwant to replace it with a towel warmer.
The microbore comes down the wall behind the plaster.
With a width of 641 how can I get an exact relacement?
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back