changing roof pitch

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My span would be 8.5m from outside wall to outside with a a double skin of 100mm block and 100mm cavity included in the 8.5m. The height would be 3.1m and works out at a 35 degree pitch. If i was to drop the peak half a meter, what would the pitch be?

Sponsored Links
Bit of a crap prize, but you'll need to clarify the dimensions as an 8.5 span and 35°pitch gives a height nearly 6m not 3.1 as you stated.

Sponsored Links
Bit of a crap prize, but you'll need to clarify the dimensions as an 8.5 span and 35°pitch gives a height nearly 6m not 3.1 as you stated.

The 3.1 m is from ceiling height to peak. I wasnt taking in below the ceiling. 6 m is on the plans.

Dropping the gable height by 1 metre gives a new roof pitch approximately 26 -27 degrees.

Last edited:
Eh?
A roof 8.5m wide at 35 degrees gives a height roughly 3m. You need a new calculator Woods.

Don't forget to half the span. (y)

Sorry by dropping half a meter you end up with a roof 31.5 degrees and not suitable for say plain tiles.

Oh silly me, I assumed a mono pitch extension. I must have missed the detailed info, I'll re-read it. Nope. :confused:

Looks like the soup goes first class to staffordshire. :cautious:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back