changing the colour of pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a cotswold stone wall that has been pointed with a very orange sand and looks terrible. is there something on the market that can lighten the colour? I once had a new house where the bricks didn't match and the buiders painted something on them to reduce the difference. Can anyone help please? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that info Mr Helpful. The pointing was done with white cement and this orange sand so I dont know if these dyes would actually make it any lighter. I'll give the kahki one a go unless anyone else has any better ideas? Cheers

is it the bricks you dont like or the pointing mate if its the pointing
use a dye from B&Q trade point hack out the old pointing nd repoint it
or if its the brick work use the dye stuff in the links
iv used it in the past sole destroying jobs they both are repointing is a bitch and painting bricks is too have fun
get the bbq out and tell them too bring a trowel of a paint brush
youll proble get a tw@t bring a roller lol

Sponsored Links
Its the pointing thats wrong. Its new though so hacking out isnt an option. :(

whhy not m8 you not left with much sway then really
just render over the lot with a coloured render sorted look on the weber wes stite youll love it iv renderd loads of housesin it looks the muts nuts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back