Changing the lock on a Horman Series 2000 Garage Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to change the barrel lock on my up and over garage door as I have lost the only key I had for it but can access through another door. He is the outside:

11bm1ia.jpg

And he is the inside:

345dcnl.jpg

I have taken the retaining screw out from the lock on the inside of the garage door and have put another key into the lock to try to turn it and pull it out but it is not moving. Am I missing something?[/code]

Sponsored Links
are you turning key enough try turning a little more and try both ways if it is turning it should come out easy

you can only turn it with the actual key that fits it, you need to turn the actual barrel/cam inside to allow it to be extracted.

Its likely at the point of snapping the lock and removing it in bits. I was in a similar situation last week with a eurocylinder on an outbuilding, and was shocked by how easy it was to snap the cylinder, took literally about 10 seconds with some mole grips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back