Changing the sink should this have happened?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We got a handyman to change our kitchen sink and since then the hot water has been running really slow. He said there was nothing we could do about it and that changing our bolider to combi boiler would sort it.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did he also change the tap? My guess is that the tap is not suitable for low pressure

If he has fitted a new tap I would suggest he has fitted a high pressure tap on a low pressure system
I assume you have cold water tanks in the loft

Hi thanks for the replies. Yes the sink did come with a tap and I think the water is in the loft.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the replies. Yes the sink did come with a tap and I think the water is in the loft.

That's your problem then. If you chose the tap. Then it is down to you to cough up for a suitable replacement. If your installer specced and supplied the tap then he should replace it for you as it was his mistake

Unfortunately, a handy man wouldn't have considered whether the tap suits the system.

I assume he has done what you asked him to do, i.e. I've got a sink and tap, can you fit it please? Again tho, as a handyman, he has gone the more expensive route for the solution, change the boiler...o_O...As TCC and Steve mentions.... change the tap to a LP (Low Pressure) and that should sort it.

Okay all makes sense now. The boiler change was something that was already on the cards. And I hold my hand up I chose the sink and tap with no knowledge at all about water pressure. Mystery solved cheers guy :)

Okay all makes sense now. The boiler change was something that was already on the cards. And I hold my hand up I chose the sink and tap with no knowledge at all about water pressure. Mystery solved cheers guy :)

No mystery is it? You had no knowledge of what you were buying, used a handyman and now wanted a quick and cheap fix?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back