Changing thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've a very basic question and hope you can help!

Can a wireless thermostat be changed without needing a new reciever? I have these two but want to get a programmable thermostat.

Thanks

20191111_073355.jpg
20191111_073441.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you’re sticking with Neomitis, then it may be possible, but you would need confirmation by them, if changing to say Honeywell, then no it wouldn’t work as the frequency would be different, and software might be different as well.

Thanks. Is wiring up the new reciever as simple as wiring a plug?

Any recommendations for what to go for?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Is wiring up the new reciever as simple as wiring a plug?
- a bit more trickier, but yes similar principle.

Any recommendations for what to go for?

There are so many brands to choose from some good some bad, some that are usually highly recommended, yet fail too soon. I guess it’s a preference of what you want to achieve and using which technology, eg do you want to control via phone?

your existing setup uses a standard back plate and switches between 2&4 so all other wiring will stay the same if you let us know which thermoastat you want to use we ill tell you if any changes are needed, a ten min job at most, easier than wiring a plug

your existing setup uses a standard back plate and switches between 2&4 so all other wiring will stay the same if you let us know which thermoastat you want to use we ill tell you if any changes are needed, a ten min job at most, easier than wiring a plug

Thanks. I'm not sure what to choose, but definitely need a wireless thermo that we can pop in another room when the stove's on. Do you know if the Hive system would be suitable, based on this? Sorry, I'm a complete clueless customer (I have a trusted boiler guy that I'll probably use but want to buy the right thing).

Thanks. I'm not sure what to choose, but definitely need a wireless thermo that we can pop in another room when the stove's on. Do you know if the Hive system would be suitable, based on this? Sorry, I'm a complete clueless customer (I have a trusted boiler guy that I'll probably use but want to buy the right thing).
yes Hive single channel would suit, you would have to move the existing wires in 2&4 to 1&3 and clip the hive heat link on and job done

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi All,
I appreciate this is an old thread but what was the result?
My daughter has a combi controlled by a Neomitis wireless thermostat (temp control only) and needs to change the thermostat to a day programmable thermostat. Am looking to purchase a Neomitis thermostat, but can it pair with the existing base receiver? Or do I need to change that as well?
Cheers

you need to start your own thread if you want the correct advice, Hi-jacking old threads is against site rules and becomes very confusing

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
If we know the boiler make and model there might be ways of connecting the new thermostat to it that offer more integration, the OpenTherm protocol for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back