Changing User Codes - Texecom 64

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to change mine (master) and my partners (user) code and username on our Texecom system.

We have the connect app, is it best to do it via the app or panel?

With that being said, it appears (on iOS) you cannot change the username due to a bug displaying a number keypad instead of text!

What is the best way without mucking anything up, panel or app!?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
log out of the app, change it in the panel, wait 20 minutes and log back into the app, and if it hasn't changed do a panel sync.

as for best, not sure which is best.

Thanks mate, is that the same for code?

worried that I won’t be able to log back into the app if I change the code? Thought I read it’s best doing it through the app as it pulls everything in sync.

I need to get out of the habit of asking and just go for it, these Texecom panels make me nervous!

The worst case is you are setting the app up again.

As for the best way, I have seen both succeed and both fail, the issue is the server updating and staying updated and allowing time between changes at either end seems to be the most reliable way.

I recently changed the user codes via wintex for a customer and then got them to be out of the app and log in later and it worked fine, but may not always be the case.

Sponsored Links
The worst case is you are setting the app up again.

As for the best way, I have seen both succeed and both fail, the issue is the server updating and staying updated and allowing time between changes at either end seems to be the most reliable way.

I recently changed the user codes via wintex for a customer and then got them to be out of the app and log in later and it worked fine, but may not always be the case.

cheers, will try tomorrow.

thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back