Channelled pipes for towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the middle of a bathroom refurb and need to replace existing radiator with a towel rail, but I am uncertain on the best approach to take.

My first idea was to use the original (channelled) pipework along with (additional) chrome pipe and fittings, to compensate for the new position of the rad outlets - see pic 1. The problem I have hit though is that the existing pipe is brittle and needs to be replaced. :-/

Now my options seem to be as follows:
  1. Reuse existing channel with new pipe + external chrome pipe, along with a straight valve
  2. Cut new channel from floor to required position and then use corner valve
  3. As per 1, but extend diagonally from existing end-point to new position, again, using corner valve - see pic 2, with ‘x’ being the point of exit

Issues (referencing numbered items above):
  1. Not sure about going at the same breeze blocks a second time? Pipework might look a bit naff
  2. Channelling a wall that has previously been channelled, close-by
  3. Channelling of pipework that is not horizontal / vertical, frowned upon?
On a related matter, i was thinking of using a Speedfit coldform to achieve the 90° angle and then use a piece of 15mm pipe to act as a protection sleeve for the 10mm pipe - pic 3. Maybe go as deep as 25 mm and backfill with bonding coat?

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpeg
    IMG_3215.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3214.jpeg
    IMG_3214.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3216.jpeg
    IMG_3216.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back