Channels in screed after wall removals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a few channels in my concrete floor where I’ve taken walls out. They’ve gone below dpc (60s house with bitumen dpc) but never feel damp that I’ve seen. Planning on painting a load of black jack sealer in them and filling with concrete, then self levelling over the top. Anything wrong with that?

Sponsored Links
23vc, good evening.

Just caught up with this post.

Black Jack is OK but may ??? depending on chemical compositions of the Asphalt on the floor and the Black Jack they may not be compatible and one could soften the other.

One other consideration is to have a look at a material called "Bituthene"? basically it it is a plastic film that has a really, I mean really sticky backing, As I recall?? they manufacture both sheet and strip versions.

Possible worth a look? but, there is generally a but?? Bituthene may ?? have the same adverse reaction to Asphalt as noted above??

Ken.

Ok Thanks Ken I’ll bear that in mind but the black jack will be going onto cleaned brick, and not any existing ashphalt so hopefully will be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back