Character set used by Forum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes it is useful to be able to use one of the additional characters in the Windows Character Map; e.g. ¼ or ° (degree sign). Most of them work correctly; but some only appear as the code, e.g: ↔ (this is a double-headed arrow), even though it looks OK when you do a preview.

What font do you use and can we have the complete character set please, not just the ASCII sub-set?

Sponsored Links
Admin have been aware of the problem for some time now, but no solution as yet.
I refuse to change my signature dammit!

I will look into this further and let you know. Are there any particular characters you miss/want?

Gcol, I believe the problem with signatures has been sorted some time ago. It was a problem with how they were encoded when saved. The trouble is because your signature was saved like that, it will only be remedied by re-saving it if that makes sense, when it should be encoded correctly.

Sponsored Links
I will look into this further and let you know. Are there any particular characters you miss/want?
I would have thought that it would be less hassle if you just allowed the use of the complete Unicode character set as shown for the Arial font in Windows Character Map.

Gcol, I believe the problem with signatures has been sorted some time ago. It was a problem with how they were encoded when saved. The trouble is because your signature was saved like that, it will only be remedied by re-saving it if that makes sense, when it should be encoded correctly.
Eeeeee would you look at that. Why didn't you say so earlier? :p

Back