Cheap 10mm T&E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All!
Installing a 10.8kw shower and in the process of buying the 10mm cable and 45 MCB. have seen a seller on ebay (abbottsway supplies) selling cable which is apparently BASEC approved. I was going to order 10 metres at 26.99 with free postage.

I know this is cheap and just wanted any advice on anyone who has bought from here. Will the cable be ok to use? It says prysmian/unbranded. The seller has very good reviews however im a little weary? Should I avoid and buy a more trusted branded cable?

Any advice much appreciated

Drew

Sponsored Links
If it is Prysmian, then that is a good brand and should be OK as long as it's not faulty or a reject. They used to be known as Pirelli.

It's not THAT cheap. Using screwfix prices, which he's bound to be paying less than.

100m = £264.19 and assuming he cuts it into 10 x 10m
10m = £26.42

Can't find the seller on eBay so can't really look at the cable/listing

Sponsored Links
tain't that cheap, I can get 100m of Prysmian 10mm for under £180 inc VAT, which makes 10m less than £18...

My wife had an outside light installed while I was away for a few weeks. When the light failed I found the guy who installed it had used Turkish cable. It had three faults within a 10 metre length, and the conductors visibly varied in thickness.

My wife had an outside light installed while I was away for a few weeks. When the light failed I found the guy who installed it had used Turkish cable. It had three faults within a 10 metre length, and the conductors visibly varied in thickness.
Was he Turkish? Where (other than an unlucky eBay buy maybe) on earth would you get Turkish cable from? (besides ofc, Turkey)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links