Cheap coloured concrete blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright chaps. I am a proper newbie. I haven't got a clue but I bought myself the Collins book and am ready to do some damage, then when I bugger it all I'll call one of you to fix the disaster :D My paths are a fail and they need changing. What I'd like to do with them is lay concrete-sett path as per Collins Complete DIY manual page 468 but with coloured bricks, sandstone coloured (would scan but I think that's against copyright).

So the question for those who know is, where can I get the cheapest coloured concrete blocks suitable for using as a path from? It's only people traffic, no cars. But I don't want them going wonky colours or anything, they have to be the proper stuff that will look good for years before I don my happy face and start hitting them with a very large sledge hammer, why is breaking things so much fun?

They put some fairly nice looking ones in at a new building the council did so I can get some info from them with the FOI if necessary, but I bet you chaps know more than the council project manager, so let's be having your advice.

Because I really do appreciate it. I'll be well chuffed when this all looks like what's in my head. Cheers for taking the time to reply.

Sponsored Links
Alright chaps. I am a proper newbie. I haven't got a clue but I bought myself the Collins book and am ready to do some damage, then when I b*****r it all I'll call one of you to fix the disaster :D My paths are a fail and they need changing. What I'd like to do with them is lay concrete-sett path as per Collins book 468 but with coloured bricks, sandstone coloured (would scan but I think that's against copyright).

So the question for those who know is, where can I get the cheapest coloured concrete blocks suitable for using as a path from? It's only people traffic, no cars. But I don't want them going wonky colours or anything, they have to be the proper stuff that will look good for years before I don my happy face and start hitting them with a very large sledge hammer, why is breaking things so much fun?

They put some fairly nice looking ones in at a new building the council did so I can get some info from them with the FOI if necessary, but I bet you chaps know more than the council project manager, so let's be having your advice.

Because I really do appreciate it. I'll be well chuffed when this all looks like what's in my head. Cheers for taking the time to reply.
whos collins?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'm well dodgy but it's only a link to Amazon. It won't hack your computer or steal your underwear.

look m8 why dont you spend some decent money on some decent indian sandstone and get a decent look what lasts for ever with no need for jet washing, the moss and green sh.. dissapears in the summer with the heat of the sun unlike cheap concrete crap:cool:

So the question is, where can I get the cheapest concrete blocks......... But I don't want them going wonky colours...........they have to be the proper stuff that will look good for years

So you want to buy the cheapest, but want the best quality?

Something tells me you are not going to be a satisfied customer! :rolleyes:

So you want to buy the cheapest, but want the best quality?
Something tells me you are not going to be a satisfied customer! :rolleyes:

It does look like an oxymoron at first doesn't it.

look m8 why dont you spend some decent money on some decent indian sandstone

So I'm looking for the lowest priced supplier of decent indian sandstone ... I got google and the yellow pages so I I'll be all good now., cheers. If anyone has any personal recommendations for the Sussex area then feel free to make them.

I did a google and found out that the indian sandstone also goes mouldy on the surface but you just need to give it a good spray with pressure washer to get it back to the canines testies.

look m8 why dont you spend some decent money on some decent indian sandstone and get a decent look what lasts for ever with no need for jet washing, the moss and green sh.. dissapears in the summer with the heat of the sun unlike cheap concrete crap:cool:

I got indian sandstone a couple of years back for outside my front door about three sq mtrs, looked great but after a while the lustre went and I think they are now rather dull looking, glad I didnt do my patio in them.
Might give them a power wash this weekend while I think about it.

legs-akimbo";p="1250677 said:

I got indian sandstone a couple of years back for outside my front door about three sq mtrs, looked great but after a while the lustre went and I think they are now rather dull looking, glad I didnt do my patio in them.
Might give them a power wash this weekend while I think about it.[/quote
yes ligs mine are starting to look dull might give them a gentle jet wash ,il wait till cat has his afternoon nap :) [/img]

if you want Decent (and there is some real crap stuff out there) grade A then give cb winters at polegate a ring. prices start at around £18 a m2 plus vat. they have a good range and it is very good quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back