Cheap Digital cameras

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I made the mistake of buying one of the early cameras, great big thing, not very good. Am now looking for one to fit in a shirt pocket.

Even Tescos is selling cheap ones now. What should I look for? I just want to take it on hols in a couple of weeks. It will be snowy. Mountains, groups, faces.

I think I have given up wanting to take good pics with an SLR and long lens and cart them around. But I prefer pics taken with a 55m to 85mm lens on a 35mm camera, so i think I will want a zoom that gives equivalent length. Don't now how that is described on digital cameras.

Sponsored Links
you wont achieve that with the fixed lens cheapies from tesco and the like, youd probably have to look at the SLR types but that brings you back to the inconvienience of transporting it, so unless you are willing to compromise.

Have a look at the Ricoh Caplio R7 or the Panasonic TZ3
Ricoh is small, lightweight and x7 zoom if iirc.
The Panny is by far the better model. Good solid build, 8M pixels(7M usable) and the luxury of x10 zoom, 28mm-250mm.

Look around and you can find some great deals on it.

Sponsored Links
I have a fuji finepix which I find takes good photos, only downside is no viewfinder, any light and the LCD display is useless.

Back