Digital cameras: bargain basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a cheap digital camera so I can take pics of items I wish to sell on ebay.

I have seen some cameras at 5 pounds!

Obviously, these will not be top cameras. But will they suffice for my needs?

The cameras have USB cable included, which I can connect to the USB port on my laptop.

* Do I need any software?
* Will the camera eat batteries? I didn't see a power supply included.
* Will the camera have any on-board RAM. Or will I have to download straight to my laptop?

Mike

Sponsored Links
* Do I need any software?
Yes. You'll need a viewer that will download the images from the camera. Normally comes with the camera.
Will the camera eat batteries? I didn't see a power supply included.
Yes. Get some rechargeables. If you're going to use the camera for extended periods you're better off getting 1200mAh batteries but if it's just for occcasional use (a few snaps at a time) then standard 800mAh NiCds will be fine. You can get some good deals on chargers and batteries. (Get two sets and keep a spare pair of charged ones on hand).
Will the camera have any on-board RAM.
I would hope so otherwise you're going to have a problem! They normally come with 16MB as standard which is fine for what you want. If you're posting pictures on the net then they're going to be low resolution - 1 million pixel ish.
If you want to take it on holiday get more memory. 128MB wil give you capacity for a few hundred shots.

£5 for a digital camera----buy it and give us all a laugh :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Few months ago I got one for FREE!
Only, you had to connect the tiny thing to the computer before you could even see the result of the pictures!
Useless. Pictures were no good either.
If you plan to use the digi for web pictures get a good one. Specially for Ebay

Why not look here

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
>If you plan to use the digi for web pictures get a good one. Specially for Ebay<

Why do I need a good one for ebay? I thought web pics were low resolution.

Mike

Yes, but also clear pictures. The FREE one I got you couldn't even check if everything was sharp.
Everything comes with a price, quality also ;)

Sponsored Links
Back