Uploading pictures from camera to computer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody I wonder if you can help me. I am trying to upload pictures from my Uncle's digital camera.

I have done this before without any problems whatsoever and so has he. So tonight he asks to upload pictures and instead of just letting me in to the pictures it asks me to install drivers. My Uncle says he did not get any disc with his camera and I don't really know what to do.

On a slightly different matter, when I connect a USB cable to the two ports at the front of the computer nothing happens but if I go round the back and connect it there it recognises the device.

It's a bit of a nuisance having to go round the back all the time. Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.

Sponsored Links
:!: Do the front USB ports work for other devices ?

What operating system are you running ?

Make and model of camera please.

Does the camera normally appear under My Computer as a removable drive ?

:!: Check for a camera setting, maybe it's been set to be something other than a disk e.g. a webcam.

reboot the pooter maybe.worked for mine the other week.or reload the software.

Hi it's a Windows Vista Home Basic. No the front usb ports don't work with any device. My niece put a USB stick in the front ports and it didn't work. She didn't try putting it in the back however.

My Uncle has always said the USB Ports at the front were dodgy and he had to wiggle the cable to get it to work. I tried wiggling the USB Cable last night ad didn't get anything. It doesn't show under My Computer. Usually if the computer recognises it makes a noise and then a message comes up new hardware detected.

I'll have to get the make and model of the camera off my Uncle on Sunday as I've forgotten the make and model. Sorry about that.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
The front usb's work almost like an extra device on the computer whereas the rears are straight onto the mother board.
Put a device in one of the front slots and go to the control panel then select add hardware. Use the wizard and it should now recognise the slots.
If not use 'msconfig' to access the system restore and set it back 3/4 weeks. This will correct the setting that switched them off.

Let us know how you get on

Jimbo :D

Thank you very much. I'll try that when I'm round his house next Wednesday. However I don't think I'll be able to roll it back because they have always acted funny since he got the computer 2 years ago. Will this make the USB Ports at the front recognise any device I plug in or do I have to go through the same procedure with his MP4 Player or any new device?

On my computer I can plug something in the front and it gets recognised immediately. All computers are different I suspose. Ours is a Dell Inspiron 531 Windows Vista. I don't know what make his is. The Motherboard is a Foxconn. I think it was built in the shop where he got it from. I'll let you know if I have success.

Well unfortunately going to Add Hardware didn't work. I think it might be an open the case job which I am not going to try and do. I'm not that confident. He isn't really that bothered about it. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to solve the problem.

Oh and the wheel on the mouse he bought from Asda 7 weeks ago has stopped working. Just told him to buy a new one.

Sponsored Links
Back