Cheap DIY CCTV or other solution criminal damage to garden wall

Thanks all,

I have contacted my councillor and will see what happens.

I wonder if given the following I could try a fake camera and sign as well?

a customer had people knocking there wall down with cars hitting it and the people not reporting the incident and driving off, camera up and they now don't walk away without reporting it but they still hit the wall.

Sponsored Links
I don't think fake cameras fool anyone. The driver won't see it anyway while he/she is busy manoeuvring. The only way you will prevent the damage is by physically preventing them from driving onto the pavement.

Sponsored Links
I am still happy with my Neos cams - £20 each and £2.5+mo for the longer clips and cloud storage.
But not really outdoor cameras.
If you can set up a cheap IP camera and have a PC you don't mind leaving on all the time you could do something for about £50 I guess.
But maybe easier and safer to just get one of those wildlife cams that are designed to run off a battery outdoors, like these on Amazon - added advantage of being a bit hidden and less likely to get nicked...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back