Cheap legit software

Sponsored Links
Monkeh

Apology accepted

the version for sale is marked as Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus and not Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010.

Apology accepted

the version for sale is marked as Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus and not Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010.

It does, however, state it's for exclusive license holder use right there on the site. I do not, however, know if there's a binding agreement to that during the purchase or activation process.

While on the subject of using legit versions of Office does anyone know anyone who has been prosecuted for doing just that

My feeling is MS would only be interested in pursuing justice against the sellers of such content, and also companies who save thousands by not licensing all there PC's the latter being less likely to happen anyway

Sponsored Links
While on the subject of using legit versions of Office does anyone know anyone who has been prosecuted for doing just that

My feeling is MS would only be interested in pursuing justice against the sellers of such content, and also companies who save thousands by not licensing all there PC's the latter being less likely to happen anyway

Anyone discovered to be distributing, selling, or using for a profit an illegitimate copy. Proving the latter is often difficult. It's rare for single individuals who don't distribute things to be prosecuted.

Going slightly off topic- the Office EULA does say that you are allowed to install it on your main pc and a second mobile pc- why then will the second activation always require you to phone MS. Why not make it the third activation that does that?

This is one of those threads where it's all about the wording of the license and how you choose to interpret it.

The only people who can give you a definitive answer are the software Owners. They own the software and grant you a license to use it. The software is not yours and the license could be withdrawn and you could be prosecuted for any breach. Whether it could come to that is a matter for the legal bods.

If you don't intend to comply with all the terms of the license, then you might as well have an unlicensed copy.

I'm neither condoning or condemning here btw. :D

Sponsored Links
Back