cheap sandblasting suggestions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please note, this is not for me... this is far too dangerous for my liking, sending it off to professionals is what I suggested.

I have been asked to look out for a hand held sand blasting device for removing some 40 years of paint on some outdoor metal furniture and some other bits and pieces. They don't have anywhere to store a air compressor. They also are hoping to be able to use it for spray painting.

can anyone suggest anything - cheaper the better really - don't want to let them spend money on something that they only need for this summer, have no where really to store, and they don't have much money... (they are OAP's)

Sponsored Links
All grit blasters use compressed air to some degree, and although some of the guns are pretty cheap you'll still need a minimum of 7cfm air delivery plus buckets of grit.
I'd firmly recommend getting these items professionally done - and the results are incredibly good!
John :)

Yeah, the guy used to be an old navy dockyard maintenance man, and he did all sorts of repair work. He is 90 something (missed the war) and is adamant that he will do it himself.

So, are there any that run on those CO2 canisters?

I am sure that if I don't find him something this week, he will go out to B&Q and buy the most expensive kit going. He has a 3x4ft shed, (used to be an outside toilet), so who knows where that will end up being stored. This man has not thrown away anything other than food waste, but wants to restore some outdoor furniture and some other things like some sort of decretive thing that he got when he first married his second wife some 50 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back