cheap shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
customer is after the cheapest possible shower to go into the corner of a room in offices.

So i need the tray, the panels, a mixer (doesn't need to be thermostatic) and if possible a plastic surround to avoid having to tile the wall.

Anyone know of a company that would sell the whole package? Obviously the shower valve can be picked up separately. Wants to be cheap cheap cheap as it's only for people cycling in to work to have a quick wash.

Sponsored Links
You might need to verify this, but I believe that you will be obliged to provide some means of limiting the maximum temperature of the water, for safety reasons. This is invariably accomplished with a thermostatic mixing valve.

Given your requirements the best product is probably a shower cabin, which means that you wouldn't to do any wall preparation or tiling. These are usually assembled from a kit, but you can also buy them ready-assembled.

Like this:

VPSHCABIN1_xl.jpg

i've put one in like that before and it was a total arse. Only got called to do it as the custard couldn't manage it himself

the mixer will be thermostatic as they are hardly expensive these days really.

ta though.

Sponsored Links
Well, you could get a good one. Ideal Standard makes at least one.

And thermostatic shower valves don't do the same job as a TMV - you should check the legal requirement for the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back