Cheap silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else struggle to get a good Finnish with cheap silicones? I usually use dow conning or forever white. But have tried a cheaper one and struggled to get a good Finnish.

Sponsored Links
It is harder to get a good finish with it? Its not just me. Dow conning etc seems alot thicker

I wouldn't say so, one of the best anti mould silicones I've found is No-Nonsense from SF, buy it in boxes of 12 and it forms up nicely.

I've used them all and used to use DC religiously but I've since found it moulds just as bad as the rest.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't say so, one of the best anti mould silicones I've found is No-Nonsense from SF, buy it in boxes of 12 and it forms up nicely.

I've used them all and used to use DC religiously but I've since found it moulds just as bad as the rest.
Useful to know, thanks. Always used Dow/Geocel myself.

It is harder to get a good finish with it? Its not just me. Dow conning etc seems alot thicker
It’s like lots of things really, some overpriced stuff is crap, some isn’t, some cheap stuff is crap, some isn’t.

I think gone are the days of “you get what you pay for”.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back