Cheap version of a MagnaCleanse ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Christmas all.

Does anyone have any experience of this or other Adey competitors? Given the 28mm Adey one is over £200 this seems like a bargain but is it any good?

Oh and a bonus question is can it be fitted to a horizantal section of pipework ?

Sponsored Links
Happy Christmas all.

Does anyone have any experience of this or other Adey competitors? Given the 28mm Adey one is over £200 this seems like a bargain but is it any good?

Oh and a bonus question is can it be fitted to a horizantal section of pipework ?

Merry Christmas to you too ....

I have found with mag filters, that you get what you pay for, unless the filter is a rebadged mainstream. Examples of that would be the Intergas filter or some of the Instinct ranges.

It can be fitted to a horizontal length pipe but the filter would still need to be vertical.

Happy Christmas all.

It looks very nice to me! It has a magnet down the middle same as the Magnaclean, so I can't see how there'd be much difference, but maybe others can. I've no personal experience of that type.
For a horizontal pipe it looks straightforward, undo the big knurled nut and rotate 90°.

Just in case anyone gets here before I can write something sensible one urgen question: It seems the filter can only dose around 300ml or so. Not much.

So can I refill, reconnect and wait for a minute or two before doing the same thing again to add more inhibitor etc? OR should I wait a good day or two?

In other words when I isolate and drain the filter am I draining/wasting nearly pure inhibitor from the last refill or does it mix with the water in the pipes very quickly?

P.S. Thanks a lot for interesting replies above. I couldn't help get the cheap one - Jury is out as to whether I should have spent 3 times more on a more well known brand...

Sponsored Links
The boiler m8 filter have a stainless mesh filter in them. Some of the expensive ones don't.
They can be difficult to open. So can the expensive ones.
The magnaclean will take a litre of cleaner or inhibitor. Almost all the other filters wont.
Are they any good? They collect system carp as do most of the others.

Ahh so that Litre is quite a big difference given a lot of the bottles come in litre size. Sounds like I need to get used to closing it so it just stops leaking.

Still not sure if you can fill the m8, run the system for a minute or two then top up the filter ?

Still not sure if you can fill the m8, run the system for a minute or two then top up the filter ?

Yes you can! You just need to run the pump long enough, to flush the inhibitor out of the filter, and on into the rest of the system. You can then repeat.

Why don't you do what most would do. Put the inhibitor in via a rad.
Well I've never had a mag filter before so though I'd try out its features. In the past I've used the header tank but that has its own problems: either wasting water to get the level right down or pouring it straight in which would likely mean a long time before it got mixed properly into the main pipes.

Into a rad I've never done but would still need messing around with a hose to drain off some water to start with. Actually would be quite a lot of water to bring the water level down to the level of the top of an upstairs rad?

Yes you can! You just need to run the pump long enough, to flush the inhibitor out of the filter, and on into the rest of the system. You can then repeat.
Thanks a lot for that! How long do you reckon is long enough? 5 mins with pump going?

Ahh so that Litre is quite a big difference given a lot of the bottles come in litre size.
You'll only need to add a litre of inhibitor if it's never been dosed before. After that, do a bright wire nail test once a year, and if needed give it say another 50ml.

But doesn't that need the right injection kit, which a typical DIYer doesn't have?
Fits most bottles and fits via the vent or blank, just a few quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back