Cheap version of a MagnaCleanse ?

Fits most bottles and fits via the vent or blank, just a few quid.

Looks good but can't see how it would pump the stuff in overcoming the pressure from the F/E tank ?

Sponsored Links
But the answer to my question is more likely to be yes. It does need the right injection kit, which a typical DIYer doesn't have.

If a Magnaclean is installed, which needs checking and cleaning annually, while it's open it's simple to sample the water and/or add inhibitor at that time. Less drama than using an injection kit IMO. But each to his own!
If you can't manage to add inhibitor to a system without turning it into a drama, don't attempt to fit a filter.
As it happens, I have fitted a Magnaclean, pic attached. Works very well!

Attachments

• Magnaclean.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Shut off the rad both ends, drain a ltr out of the rad, fill the rad up with the inhibitor, then re-open the valves.
Doesn't that need a special rad valve, which allows the rad to be drained while isolated from the system? If I'm not mistaken in most cases the valves are directly on the rad, with the drain point (if any) outboard. They are on mine anyway.

Doesn't that need a special rad valve, which allows the rad to be drained while isolated from the system? If I'm not mistaken in most cases the valves are directly on the rad, with the drain point (if any) outboard. They are on mine anyway.
Nope, you just crack one of the rad tail nuts, open up the vent and then just drain it down a bit

In the past I've always drained down a touch and then added into the FE tank in the loft. Draining a rad seems like another good option especially where there is drain off as part of the rad valve (I assume you can isolate the RAD that way and also drain it cleanly?)

The filter seems to provide another option but not yet convinced its the quickest/easiest.

I was going to upload a pic of it installed as a "thank you" to those that helped but realise I'm at risk of being goaded by grumpyman so probably won't.

In the past I've always drained down a touch and then added into the FE tank in the loft. Draining a rad seems like another good option especially where there is drain off as part of the rad valve (I assume you can isolate the RAD that way and also drain it cleanly?)

The filter seems to provide another option but not yet convinced its the quickest/easiest.

I was going to upload a pic of it installed as a "thank you" to those that helped but realise I'm at risk of being goaded by grumpyman so probably won't.
Same here. Doesn't take long for natural circulation to do its thing.

Surely a funnel at least....?
I'd have thought so. Even if you use bits you find in the shed, it's still an injection kit. I thought the Flowmasta kit was suggested.

I know most systems aren't as old as mine, but I wouldn't want to try to remove one of the 1/2" plugs at the top of a rad. Easy enough if you could warm it with a blowtorch but of course that's not an option. Magnaclean option for me, but clearly not everybody agrees.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back