Cheap XP Discs.

Sponsored Links
I'd have thought that as it's already been used in another computer, it may well be recorded on Microsoft's database.

With ebay you have to check the sellers ratings, the higher the percentage of good ratings accompanied with a high number of good feedback generally means its OK.

Watch out for the good ratings with very few feedbacks. But its always a gamble with ebay.

Though why you'd want to buy XP now a days is more to the point.

Sponsored Links
I'd have thought that as it's already been used in another computer, it may well be recorded on Microsoft's database.

The big makers don't use the serial on the underside of the pc when installing the OS. They use a different one.

It would have only shown on the MS database if the disk has been used to reinstall xp .

After 6 months the serial is unflagged and can be used again without the need for telephone activation

Reuse/Install XP with service pack 2 (don't go higher) and you should be fine. Use the hologram numbers on the back of the disk to install. No need to buy another one.

Put a patch over the 30 day activation deadline and your good to go. Google it if your not sure.

But don't let the MS site upgrade your software as it will install service pack 3 and you will need to activate via MS.

securespark

If your up for trying linux you might want to start with something like LinuxMint very easy to get up and running and use, a lot more secure than XP lots of software available. Oh and its free too.

What are the specs of the computer?

the disc in the pic says for use with a dell PC only, having tried to use a "dell" disc in a non dell machine, I would see a problem that the disc is somehow locked to a dell bios, so is unusable in anything else.

AFAK, only the holographic discs are free to be used in any machine, the bundled discs are usually locked.

I would put money on the disc pictured being as much use as a coaster, if not, I lost a trick when I made 200 of those discs into a curtain...

Sponsored Links
Back